Sunday, February 8, 2015

Watching My Children Play

Watching My Children Play
(written 11/22/07)

The rejoicing started that first moment
I held at my breast my first small newborn babe
A shift in my own small universe happened
The strongest connections irrevocably inlaid...

To be witness to the multitude of
First things; Smiles, Words and Steps
Is the most precious gift I've thus far been given
Leaving me waiting, always, for what's next...

There are few greater joys on Earth
Than watching my Children at play.
Seeing their imaginations carry them to lands
Unknown to adults, whisking them away...

Then again I ponder, perhaps
Seeing them listen to stories unfold
From a book that I've read time and again
Yes, must be the best delight I'll behold...

There also are the quiet walks in the Woods
Amazement at discoveries showing on their face
Seeing things new and fresh, through their eyes
Again the World is a Magical Place...

Seeing my Little Ones grow into
The man and woman they'll be
Is my own personal mansion on the hill
Being it's witness is my Fortune, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment