Sunday, February 8, 2015

January

January
(written January 20,2008)

Frigid winter cold has seeped into my Soul and Mind
My skeleton of icy bones brittle as dry twigs to be
Snapped under the weight of an errant foot in the woods…

My body held aloft like a marionette on strings manipulated
By a master who is going through the motions with all passion
For his art and craft long since melted into making ends meet…

The skin on my hands cracked and bleeding over my knuckles
The only real representation of my internal voice screaming
Until my voice is hoarse from exhaustion; "I've had enough!"

Intellect telling me, taunting me almost, with admonishments and
Promises that 'Spring Shall Soon Come'. When all I see is one

Drab, Cold, Gray, Snow and Ice filled Day after the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment