Sunday, February 8, 2015

Stop. Pay Attention.

Stop. Pay Attention.
(written for V & L Feb 22, 2008)

I was busy at doing the dishes when you were
Lost in deliberative imaginative play…
Fighting imaginary bad guys, ducking,
Dodging, falling and getting up again…

Me, lost to the world writing an Email,
While you proudly recited the alphabet…
Even the L M N O P bits, loud, proud &
Clear. "This time won't you sing with me?"

I shooed you away during the Important Call
Shushed you as you asked for attention…
"Mommy, did you see the Bird outside?
It's pretty. Come and see!" on deaf ears…

Sometimes, though,
more often,
I hope,
than not…

I Stop, Pay Attention and Thank God for
Entrusting humble me with the
Walking Talking Being Learning Miracles

You both really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment