Sunday, February 8, 2015

Penniless Caucasian Rubbish Writes

    Well, here goes nothing... I'll flesh this out as time goes on but for now... Hello! Welcome to my blog. My hands are shaking as I type this and my heart is beating about a hundred miles an hour which usually means either 1) I've had too much coffee or 2) I am on to something that is going to be meaningful in some way to my life. I've thought about writing a blog for some time now after often being encouraged to do so by friends who've been sweet enough to read the ramblings I've written before. I am gonna be honest here and say that what held me back was fear. Fear...? That is kind of foreign to me when it comes to disclosure because, for the most part, I am an open book when it comes to my life. Almost to a fault! But that's with people I actually know in real life... If I put my life out for the whole world to read it makes me vulnerable!! But you know what I am finding? Life, if you live it properly, is about being vulnerable or you'll miss all the good stuff. So... As I say... Here goes nothing.

   Who am I? I suppose that is what I am meant to speak to in my first ever blog post, right? Well, I am a wife to my amazing, forgiving, ever supportive husband who, even after being married nearly 24 years, makes my heart skip a beat when I see him across a crowded room. I am mother to my two kids who are teaching me more than I ever think about teaching them and whom I love to the depths of my scarred up but ever beating heart. I am friend to women who lift me up and understand my tears without me saying a word and who love me enough to help fold my families underwear. I am a member of an amazing church who've taught me about the most important relationship and role I am meant to play here on Earth and that is being a daughter of the Most High God and slave of His majestic Son Jesus Christ! May all I write be to the glory of His name because any good I ever hope to do is from Him alone.

<3
H

No comments:

Post a Comment