Sunday, February 8, 2015

Infancy of my Soul

Infancy of my Soul
 (written April 7, 2008)

Hazy perception of the passage of time
Has always been my blessing or my curse.
Years gone as I sit in the passenger seat
Without notice nor regard…

In the looking glass today I see the same
Me, a more accurate mirror found gazing
At lifelong friends, I see age creeping in, a
Thief in the night quietly preying on youth…

Knowing this life is merely the infancy of my soul
Doesn’t usually help me put small trials in perspective.
So often mad, frenzied, crazed and holding on tighter
To every little morsel than I ought…

Arriving at the halfway point, looking back at my
Journey so far to Immortality, I easily project
Exactly how quickly the last legs of the trip will
Go as I see it flying past me in the window…

I see, at times, the Big Picture with great clarity.
Excruciating pain comes, then, when all I can see are
Smallest elements, painting them with as much care
As I can, knowing life is in those details…

Peace and terror fills me when I realize how quickly
it will be gone, so very soon, before, I am sure,
I am ready, all the never ending questions will be

Answered…

No comments:

Post a Comment