Sunday, February 8, 2015

Stealing the Silver Lining

Stealing the Silver Lining
(written 11/23/07)

Dark clouds are hovering ominously in the distance
Just at the horizon, they taunt me with their presence
I turn away, ignoring their impending assault
Disregarding what I know them to bring...

I've weathered violent storms before
Stood still while the rain pelted down on my head
Blocking out all good feeling and emotion
Leaving me shivering, wet and cold...

While the gail wind blows, while the drops fall
All friendly voices are blotted out in the din
Sunlight only a memory that I don't dare trust
Being so immersed in the dark downpour...

Knowing, in rare moments of clarity
The monsoon is my own private climate
Gives me no tranquil respite
Only making me feel more secluded...

Having tried to construct shelters in the past
To see them blown away like loose feathers
I search some other reply

Perhaps, instead, I will walk out and embrace the tempest... 

No comments:

Post a Comment