Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fluid Tongues

Fluid Tongues


I ask the Lord to speak in tongues
Yet all I pray are tears…

Heartfelt messengers, salty rivulets of worship
Flow down my cheeks in streams…

Yet tears speak volumes, don’t they just,
When mere words won’t suffice…

They helped Mary wash His feet before
She dried them with her hair…

No words, had she, to speak to Him,
Yet He heard all she said…

Perhaps my ‘tongues’, in fact, are tears
They are all pronounced the same…

Women speak in tears, after all, it’s a
Voice we are fluent in from birth…

They’ve oft’ been my second language in this
World, conveying brokenness I could not articulate…

Now, as liquid petitions, they’re prayed by the Spirit
Who knows me better than I know myself …
So if ‘tongues’ never make it past my lips,
In tears I will pray on…

HLC 2/3/15


No comments:

Post a Comment