Sunday, February 8, 2015

Knowing You

Knowing You
 (written 12/5/07)

Having seen glimpses you so often with
Fellow travelers, I often would feel great
Envy at you being their seemingly
Faithful and constant companion...

You alluded me despite my earnestly
Searching you out, hunting you even
As if I were a hungry dog and you
Were the tastiest morsel of the finest meat.



You would whisper to me from the wind
As I fell in love with my Soul Mate even
Walking with me for great stretches although
Not being familiar with you, I recognized you not...


Devouring books written by those who had caught
You and held you close enough to be able to
Offer road maps and chart courses for others
Like me to follow to try and find you...

Still, you remained obscured and concealed
For the most part, sighting you more often yet
When reaching out to embrace you again
You'd melt away, leaving me in tears...

Resigned to set my mind to other things, trying to facilitate
Your attendance to the lives of those I loved most dear
I became shocked that by conveying you to them
You became my long last friend by proxy...

In long walks with loved ones, in reading books to them,
While preparing them simple food, Contained in the laughter
Of my children and in warm smiles from my husband...
You've come to me enduringly...


Welcome Happiness...Welcome Joy...Welcome Ecstasy...

I rejoice in knowing you at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment